The Hunted Cow Tippers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

!!~Welcome to the guild forum of the Hunted Cow Tippers~!!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When We joined THCT

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lifetaker9

lifetaker9

When We joined THCT Empty
PostSubject: When We joined THCT   When We joined THCT EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 3:42 pm

Talk bout when u started FS
Back to top Go down
lifetaker9

lifetaker9

PostSubject: Re: When We joined THCT   When We joined THCT EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 3:42 pm

when i first joined this guild i was just looking for a place to go. but now i love this family almost as much as the game its self actually i love this guild more. i hope that the differences can be set aside and we can shine as one
Back to top Go down
TheSlope
Admin
TheSlope

PostSubject: Re: When We joined THCT   When We joined THCT EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 3:54 pm

When I first joined this guild, I was sorely disappointed with the total lack of structures and gold. There were no members and and no rules. It was a great void. As I walked blindly across this barren, black wasteland, I bumped into something large and hairy. I wasn't really sure what it was, but I new it shouldn't be upright. So, after pondering this issue for a few moments, I tipped the sucka. And the rest is history, present and future Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: When We joined THCT   When We joined THCT EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 4:03 pm

When I first joined this game, I thought it was only going to be for a short time, like most of the others I have tried. Until on day out wondering around, I get this guild invite form Melk, inviting me to THCT. I was looking at other guilds but I was not high enough in levels. So I joined and requested that two other friends of mine join. We are all part of this guild now. I am having more fun with this guild than I thought I would ever have. I DO NOT want to see this guild become anything else but a family, and fun is first. This makes me feel like a kid again. Just my thought and I hope I do not offend anyone. Have a awesome day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When We joined THCT   When We joined THCT EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 4:23 pm

When I first joined, I had no idea what I was doing. I had no experience with any game like this before. A friend had told me about games like this and it sounded like an interesting way to kill some time. I stumbled around a bit at first, then Melker invited me to join the guild. Since then, I still know very little:), but I'm learning and having fun. What makes the Hunted Cow Tippers unique is our guild founders and officers, and how they set this whole thing up - with the focus on fun, family, and developing friendships.

"MOOOO?" asked the cow after being tipped.

"Cause you messed with the wrong Herd".
Back to top Go down
seph003

seph003

PostSubject: Re: When We joined THCT   When We joined THCT EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 4:24 pm

As usuall, i was supposed to be working but was bored. So i opened my firefox and searched for browser based rpg games and this was one of the first on the list so i said WTF why not try it Very Happy then some noobish nonfactor attacked me so i bountied him Laughing then he said "you should join our guild", even bigger Laughing so here me is Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When We joined THCT   When We joined THCT EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 5:11 pm

Saw an advertisement, clicked on it, and figured a few things out, no tutorials here. I killed Rats, Natives, and whatnot, until around level 4 still bumbling around the first realm, I found the forums. There I learned most of what I know, and posted in a game... send the person above you something. I sent the person above me a generous gift of 1 FSP, and fogrizzle gave me a generous gift of an invitation.

Once I learned what to do and where to hunt, it was a race against SWATpanda for level 20.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When We joined THCT   When We joined THCT EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 5:56 pm

Saw an ad on some random page that I don't remember. I just finished my 8th grade year and was bored to death, so i figured "What the heck?" I looked over the game and, due to some very unfortunate timing, had to leave to do some family chores. I eventually came back joined and immediately got the gist of the game. It was fun, non-time consuming and perfect for me.

I eventually figured that I should join a guild. Unfortunately, I still didn't get the whole "inactive" thing and I tried to join a bunch of guilds that weren't gonna accept me anytime soon. Wink

At about level 7 I got an invitation from my predecessor, Keough03. Of course, I joined instantly. I quickly discovered that I had made the right choice(although i didn't have many choices Razz). I rose through the ranks fairly quickly, but when I was a dog tipper it was announced that Keough wouldn't be able to play much anymore. Not wanting the guild to suffer from lack of recruits I offered myself up as a replacement, and was accepted. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When We joined THCT   When We joined THCT EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 6:19 pm

On how I got my job...

around level 30, I became immensely interested in the Wiki. I saw other guild pages, and I looked for ours, but couldn't find it. I asked around, and I got the general idea that fogrizzle was going to make it. After waiting a few days, I grew impatient and created it myself. I added a small history, rules, ranks, and a list of gear. It wasn't that good at all, it was before the handy chart, it was before the Hide function. It wasn't as big though, so that was good. I got some nice compliments for making it. I slowly improved it, updating the weapons and rules and everything else. One day, TS asked if I would do a guild job. I said yes, and he ranked me Stockyard Hand. I had no idea what to do, until TS sent a mass about it...

and then contempt suddenly disappeared and I became Manager. >.<

On the wiki page... well... let's just say I improved it, especially the gear section. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When We joined THCT   When We joined THCT EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 9:25 pm

When i first joined..hmm..can't seem to remember clearly, beside trying to always get fsp rewards. :p

Also thct was my first guild

Last edited by projectd on Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When We joined THCT   When We joined THCT EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 9:33 pm

Random inappropriate spam. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When We joined THCT   When We joined THCT EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 9:59 pm

Well, my history with the guild is this:

i was really, really bored with the game (at first i didn´t like it to much, let´s be honest ANYONE can have fun killing rats and natives Razz ), when suddenly i read a MSG at the FSBox that a new guild was looking for new members (i think that was the only time that the guild use the FSBox to recluit members) so i send a msg to TS applying for the Guild:

We were no more that 10-15 members: Ts, Fog, Fizz, Stone, Thunder, Todaykills and MIHNEAVOIC. The other were, like me; the new recluiters... i was the only one who pass the level up period of that group Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When We joined THCT   When We joined THCT EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 8:50 am

Got invitation from Melk....
Wondering should i join or not...
Read Melk's profile... then a little bit interested...
Read Ice's profile... even more interested...
Get a little bit bored doing some quests...
Then i realized i have guild invitation...
i accepted it...
and never regret it Smile

btw, tribute to sku1slicer (i believe this is the one who randomly hit Seph Razz LOL ) , feltin, and soltari... 3 tippers who become my rival at that time and now MIA... Smile
Back to top Go down
seph003

seph003

PostSubject: Re: When We joined THCT   When We joined THCT EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 9:09 am

datum wrote:
btw, tribute to sku1slicer (i believe this is the one who randomly hit Seph Razz LOL ) , feltin, and soltari... 3 tippers who become my rival at that time and now MIA... Smile

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When We joined THCT   When We joined THCT EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 1:43 am

When i joined i didint now anything about the gsame i didint no whats was so good about buffs i had no idea whatt guilds were and wat were so great aboutthem then i intered and started 1 hiting and earlyer i was lucky to survive a fight lol i was probaly the worts fs player ever before i joined the thct
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When We joined THCT   When We joined THCT EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 7:36 pm

When i joined THCT i was thinking "Good name". I joined and quickly i made friends like, sin, ice, melk, seph and others. The fact of, all here speak english helped me a lot. I was having problems with english language and when i started to chat with you guys... i learned a lot ;D That's another good point.

The guild helped me a lot, giving itens, set bonuses, but the most important thing: i made good friends ;D

TCHT FOR LIFE cheers

~Seven
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When We joined THCT   When We joined THCT EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 2:17 pm

I was playing Utopia for years and I was getting bored. I saw an ad for FS and figured I'd give it a shot.
Read wiki and then Wandered about aimlessly for while whacking creatures, wasting stamina on quests.
I got to about level 15(I was also getting a little bored) and thought it was time to join a Guild.
I started researching the top 250 guilds, checking out their requirements, forums etc.
Loved the THCT name, image and the Slope's message about the Guild being about the players.
I contacted Melk and next thing I know I'm tipping cows. THCT totally changed the game for me. As long as I'm playing, I don't plan on playing anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
Fog
Admin
Fog

PostSubject: Re: When We joined THCT   When We joined THCT EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 7:22 am

I was like..the third person to join?

TS, bugman then me.

It was a nice change having a competent founder after being in FGG for so long.
Back to top Go down
http://thct.omgforum.net

PostSubject: Re: When We joined THCT   When We joined THCT EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 3:00 am

I joined at lvl 220 after a couple stints in 2 different guilds one of which I became founder of I found that Ididnt have the time to do it all I had seen thct out there and thought it was the Most inventive name out there for a guild ( i even remeber when it 1st started out ... Shoulda Joined then) and i joined up now i couldnt be happier
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When We joined THCT   When We joined THCT EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 3:15 pm

when i started playing i got a message in log saying world of dice has asked me to join guild...i stayed there for a while but then i realized this guild is doing nothing for me...so i started looking through top 250 and kept asking to join then came to thct i asked melker and sed no slots were open but i felt confident so l8r i asked ts to pm me if any slots open and there was. thats when everything started going uphill lol!
so a week l8r i look at my old guild wod and find out that half the members are gone and founder left...lol i felt special for being either the only thing holding the guild together or being brave enough to leave the guild....now look at that guild...like 6 ppl and only 1 thats active...he might hav gone inactive now i cant remember. king
Back to top Go down
Navorn

PostSubject: Re: When We joined THCT   When We joined THCT EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 9:17 pm

The following is the NSA's sanitized version of my joining, plus a lot of fluff that is the score of my writing.

I was playing some zombie game on abcarcade, or some other such place, and I saw a pop-up for Fallen Sword. I'll admit, it was precisely what I was looking for, namely a leveling game where you can grow a character. I was a F2F D&D'er in my teens, evolved to online/chat-based shared world RPG's (for an explanation of the "shared world" idea, feel free to send me a PM), and eventually fell off entirely.

Anyway, I signed up and bumbled around sorta figuring stuff out as I went. I wasn't aware of all the written material at this point. Due to the aforementioned online gaming, I was used to reading tons of "technical" information and learning how to play. Whenever I bumped into other players, they all had MUCH better stats than me, and I noticed the common thing was a Guild.

I've had the conversation with Melk and Iceweed a dozen times and while I keep saying it was one of them, I honestly think I requested my invitation and was accepted. I happened to have known some then-members who were mentioned in datum's post and I name-dropped them. That's prolly why none of us can remember who recruited me. It was me all along Very Happy

Most people would stop writing about now, but if you're reading this it's because a) you're captivated by my ability to manipulate the written word, b) you're bored and this is better than checking your navel (no pun intended) for lint, c) you're genuinely gripped by my journey, or d) some combination of the above. Appripro, I shall proceed.

Due to my compulsive nature, and the plethora of directions to explore in FS, I quickly became consumed by it all (except for SE Hunting and potion creation. I've never gotten into that *shrugs*). I also love to chat, which most of you know, so I guess I've been around a lot, which somehow duped TS and seph into thinking I was good for business *cackles*

Okies, I decided to stop here due to the overwhelming sense of hubris I'm feeling Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When We joined THCT   When We joined THCT EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 7:43 pm

When I looked back at my posts, they describe how I joined it, and how I got my job, but not actually what it was like when I first joined.

First off, the main thing I knew was this: I was in a freaking good guild! I had been through a LOT of hassle to try and get into this level 23ish guild with little structures, but here was THCT! It had a nice level of 50+, a bunch of structures! Yes, I will admit that I just cared about structures/level and came to appreciate the other things later. First thing I did was go to the forums. and then I read and read and read and read until I digested all the rules so I wouldn't get kicked.

In my first few days at the guild, I simply observed. Most of the players were high level and foreign to me. I didn't try to interact with them, I was still finding my way around. The main thing I did was stay on the good side of fogrizzle :p I saw many things, like how SWATpanda leveled faster than me, how Iceweed was leveling like mad, and especially how Draikrider kept annoying fogrizzle. I think only 3-5 people here knew him (me, TheSlope, fogrizzle, maybe Iceweed and zombie)... I knew he was going to get kicked :p

Oh, and Mihneavoic was our main "storage", with a lot of BP slots. He got terminated, which was a bummer o.O Once I got to know people, I felt more comfortable, and seen a lot of people come and go. I've been here since level 4, and loved every minute here! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When We joined THCT   When We joined THCT EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 9:42 am

Ahhh the journey that is known as Melker04. I was playing Adventure Quest and getting very bored with how after you complete a mission and then log off everything resets except character level. Then I saw a lovely add for FS! I quickly joined and in the true Melker04 style, went out and started attack every creature I could find. After being thwacked by snow leopards for awhile I started to realize that I must focus on rats and natives. Though once I hit level 5 and could take down a snow leopard with no effort, I realized I was in the wrong place. So I started wondering.

One day as I was searching for a new place to hunt I found myself in Krul Island. It was late evening in Michigan. I had just finished with my evening class and the wife was asleep so I figured I would try hunting again. That is when a Bull God (in training) rode upon me and sent me a guild invitation. I was estatic! I had been searching for a guild and sending tons of request with no luck. Being a huge role playing geek just like Naval, I was hoping for something more along those lines, but I was happy to be in a guild.

Once I joined the guild I quickly got heavily involved into the guild chat. Fogrizzle, aka Fogzilla aka Foggy, was very helpful explaining anything I didn't understand on this wonderful forum. I soon made friends with Foggy, Contempt, TS, Ice, Sin, and so forth. I loved watching Fog yell at Draikrider for logging onto the FS chat forum thingy and not leveling. TS and Fog were on a quest to see who would reach level 100 first, TS won. Soon, I was a mid-level member at around 35 or so when Keough stepped down. First Ice stepped up and took over the recruiting spot. Not too long after TS had asked me to join the officer ranks.

At around level 60 I made the unfortunate mistake of leaving this guild for what I was a "better" guild. They were a higher level guild with higher structures. As soon as I left, I realized it was a huge mistake. Ice, TS, and Contempt made sure they kept in contact with me and were kind enough to take me back and offered me the recruiting spot back after a small trial period. Since then we have exploded past the other guild. Wink

Ice then made the same mistake as I did and I was promoted to the head herder. Somewhere in that time I recruited Naval Lint(dispite what he says ) and PH and many of you other great Tippers! I have found a great home with lots of awesome members and I am glad to be part of this awesome guild!

As the great... well maybe slightly above average Naval Lint would say, "This has been a public service announcement, ya dig!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When We joined THCT   When We joined THCT EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 7:48 pm

O.O Wow, Melker, that was quite interesting!

The odd thing is that I don't remember you leaving at all... *shakes his head*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When We joined THCT   When We joined THCT EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 2:39 pm

Sinho6 wrote:
O.O Wow, Melker, that was quite interesting!

The odd thing is that I don't remember you leaving at all... *shakes his head*

like I said, it was pretty short lived
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When We joined THCT   When We joined THCT Empty

Back to top Go down

When We joined THCT
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next